Kirori Mal College building under Delhi HC scanner
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Friday asked Kirori Mal College to apprise it on the condition of its building while hearing a plea filed by a student who fell from a hostel balcony.
Justice Sunil Gaur asked the college management to inform the court as to when the building was built, and its condition and maintenance.
A college student had filed a police complaint March 29, 2013, against the college after he fell from the balcony of a hostel building and was injured.
The plea said the student informed the principal and hostel warden of the college that the condition of the balcony was not good but they did not take care of it.
The student later said they have reached a compromise and that it was his own fault and no one was responsible for the accident.
The court said it will give a thought on quashing the police complaint after looking into the report on the college building`s condition.
The college was established in 1954.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers