Kirori Mal College building under Delhi HC scanner
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Friday asked Kirori Mal College to apprise it on the condition of its building while hearing a plea filed by a student who fell from a hostel balcony.
Justice Sunil Gaur asked the college management to inform the court as to when the building was built, and its condition and maintenance.
A college student had filed a police complaint March 29, 2013, against the college after he fell from the balcony of a hostel building and was injured.
The plea said the student informed the principal and hostel warden of the college that the condition of the balcony was not good but they did not take care of it.
The student later said they have reached a compromise and that it was his own fault and no one was responsible for the accident.
The court said it will give a thought on quashing the police complaint after looking into the report on the college building`s condition.
The college was established in 1954.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC
- BSNL launches unlimited 3G plan for Rs 1,099, cuts rate by 50%
- No political appointments in pollution control boards: NGT