Kirori Mal College building under Delhi HC scanner
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Friday asked Kirori Mal College to apprise it on the condition of its building while hearing a plea filed by a student who fell from a hostel balcony.
Justice Sunil Gaur asked the college management to inform the court as to when the building was built, and its condition and maintenance.
A college student had filed a police complaint March 29, 2013, against the college after he fell from the balcony of a hostel building and was injured.
The plea said the student informed the principal and hostel warden of the college that the condition of the balcony was not good but they did not take care of it.
The student later said they have reached a compromise and that it was his own fault and no one was responsible for the accident.
The court said it will give a thought on quashing the police complaint after looking into the report on the college building`s condition.
The college was established in 1954.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best