Kirori Mal College building under Delhi HC scanner
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Friday asked Kirori Mal College to apprise it on the condition of its building while hearing a plea filed by a student who fell from a hostel balcony.
Justice Sunil Gaur asked the college management to inform the court as to when the building was built, and its condition and maintenance.
A college student had filed a police complaint March 29, 2013, against the college after he fell from the balcony of a hostel building and was injured.
The plea said the student informed the principal and hostel warden of the college that the condition of the balcony was not good but they did not take care of it.
The student later said they have reached a compromise and that it was his own fault and no one was responsible for the accident.
The court said it will give a thought on quashing the police complaint after looking into the report on the college building`s condition.
The college was established in 1954.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi