Kirorimal College suspends Principal who levelled
New Delhi: Delhi University`s Kirorimal College today suspended Principal Bhim Sen Singh, a day after he levelled corruption charges against the college governing body chairman.
Singh was placed under suspension "with immediate effect pending conclusion of an inquiry into his actions", according to an order issued by the governing body following an emergent meeting called by the University Vice Chancellor.
The decision came a day after Singh levelled corruption charges against governing body chairman Baleshwar Rai, a retired IAS officer.
Singh has been asked to hand over the charge of Principal to S P Gupta with immediate effect.
The move to suspend the Principal caused an outrage in the teaching community of the college, with the staff association of the college contending the move "smacks of a malafide intention on the part of the University authorities".
The staff association, in a resolution, said it suspected the action against the Principal was a consequence of his role in the anti-semester agitation.
Singh had yesterday alleged Rai faced several charges, including misappropriation of funds and molestation and demanded his removal from the post.
"The Chairperson of the Governing Body should be removed immediately from his post in the light of his high-handed and undemocratic behaviour as well as the seriousness of the charges that have been levelled against him," said a resolution by the staff association.
Following their meeting, members of the staff association, along with some college students, staged a protest march, and appealed to members to go on a mass casual leave for the next two working days in protest against the "illegal decision" taken by the Governing Body "at the behest of the University".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested