Kishenji`s death: Centre asks states to exercise maximum vigil
New Delhi: The Centre has alerted
governments of nine naxal affected states in view of the death
reports of top Maoist commander Kishenji and asked them to
exercise maximum vigil.
The alert has been issued by the Union Home Ministry to
the Directors General of Police (DGPs) in view of possible
retaliatory strikes from Maoist cadres in Left Wing Extremism
states of West Bengal, Orrisa, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Jharkhand,
Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
"The states have been asked to exercise maximum vigil and
caution. The central security forces have also been asked to
be on alert in these states," official sources said.
In a huge setback to Maoists, their top leader Kishenji
(58) was today killed in a gunbattle with security forces in a
forest in West Midnapore district of West Bengal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!