K’taka govt should take call on Wakf scam: Khurshid
New Delhi: With a Karnataka government appointed panel unearthing an alleged scam with regard to wakf land, Minority Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Tuesday said it is a state level issue and they would have to take a decision
However, if the state government wanted, it could refer
the matter to the Union Government, he said.
Khurshid said, "This (wakf scam) is actually a state
level issue, state level entitlement, so they will have to
look at it," he told reporters outside Parliament.
"State Government will have to decide what they want to
do, if they refer something to us, it is another matter," he
Karnataka Minorities Commission Chairman Anwar Manipaddy
had yesterday submitted a report on alleged scam of over Rs 2
lakh crore, involving Wakf Board land, to Chief Minister D V
Khurshid said that "nothing had come" to him till
present regarding the Karnataka government`s findings.
Noting that a council for Waqf Boards existed at the
central level, he said the Minority Affairs also has overall
monitoring capacity and responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional