L N Mishra murder case: Final arguments take off
New Delhi: A Delhi court began Wednesday hearing final argument in the trial of 37-year-old murder case of former Railway Minister L N Mishra.
Beginning his argument in the court of Additional District Judge Vinod Goel, Special Public Prosecutor N K Sharma started detaling the history of Ananda Marga, three of whose members are facing trial in the case along with a lawyer.
Sharma told the court that Ananda Margis strived to form a parallel government of moralists.
Detailing the functioning of the outfit Ananda Marga, founded by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar in 1955, he added it was divided into two sections in which one was violent and the other was against violence.
The arguments in the case would continue tomorrow.
The case related to L N Mishra`s assassination in a bomb blast at a function at Samastipur railway station in Bihar on January 3, 1975. Advocate Ranjan Dwivedi, who was 24 years old at that time, was named as an accused along with four Ananda Marga group members, one of whom has died.
Apart from Dwivedi and Santoshananda, two other accused in the case are Sudevananda Avadhuta and Gopalji.
The court, meanwhile, issued fresh bailable warrants for the third time for approver Vikram, who was earlier named as an accused in the case. Vikram has become untraceable.
The court also issued notice to his surety Chandra Prakash on all his addresses available in the court file and the CBI record.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what