L N Mishra murder case: Final arguments take off
New Delhi: A Delhi court began Wednesday hearing final argument in the trial of 37-year-old murder case of former Railway Minister L N Mishra.
Beginning his argument in the court of Additional District Judge Vinod Goel, Special Public Prosecutor N K Sharma started detaling the history of Ananda Marga, three of whose members are facing trial in the case along with a lawyer.
Sharma told the court that Ananda Margis strived to form a parallel government of moralists.
Detailing the functioning of the outfit Ananda Marga, founded by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar in 1955, he added it was divided into two sections in which one was violent and the other was against violence.
The arguments in the case would continue tomorrow.
The case related to L N Mishra`s assassination in a bomb blast at a function at Samastipur railway station in Bihar on January 3, 1975. Advocate Ranjan Dwivedi, who was 24 years old at that time, was named as an accused along with four Ananda Marga group members, one of whom has died.
Apart from Dwivedi and Santoshananda, two other accused in the case are Sudevananda Avadhuta and Gopalji.
The court, meanwhile, issued fresh bailable warrants for the third time for approver Vikram, who was earlier named as an accused in the case. Vikram has become untraceable.
The court also issued notice to his surety Chandra Prakash on all his addresses available in the court file and the CBI record.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical