L N Mishra murder case: Final arguments take off
New Delhi: A Delhi court began Wednesday hearing final argument in the trial of 37-year-old murder case of former Railway Minister L N Mishra.
Beginning his argument in the court of Additional District Judge Vinod Goel, Special Public Prosecutor N K Sharma started detaling the history of Ananda Marga, three of whose members are facing trial in the case along with a lawyer.
Sharma told the court that Ananda Margis strived to form a parallel government of moralists.
Detailing the functioning of the outfit Ananda Marga, founded by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar in 1955, he added it was divided into two sections in which one was violent and the other was against violence.
The arguments in the case would continue tomorrow.
The case related to L N Mishra`s assassination in a bomb blast at a function at Samastipur railway station in Bihar on January 3, 1975. Advocate Ranjan Dwivedi, who was 24 years old at that time, was named as an accused along with four Ananda Marga group members, one of whom has died.
Apart from Dwivedi and Santoshananda, two other accused in the case are Sudevananda Avadhuta and Gopalji.
The court, meanwhile, issued fresh bailable warrants for the third time for approver Vikram, who was earlier named as an accused in the case. Vikram has become untraceable.
The court also issued notice to his surety Chandra Prakash on all his addresses available in the court file and the CBI record.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth