Lack of coordination among courts: Delhi CM
New Delhi: A day after the Delhi High Court gave its order on nursery admission, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday appeared to suggest a "lack of coordination" among various courts on the issue.
It seems there is "lack of coordination" among various courts, Dikshit said when asked to comment on prevailing uncertainty on the enrolment process for nursery admission for academic session 2013-14.
The Chief Minister, however, did not elaborate on her comment.
The Delhi High Court yesterday made it clear that all nursery admissions in the city for the 2013-14 session will be subject to its decision on a PIL that challenged government notifications giving powers to unaided private schools to formulate their own criteria.
"Our order (on the PIL) would also be applicable on nursery admission for ensuing academic session 2013-14," a bench of Chief Justice D Murugesan and Justice V K Jain had said.
He court`s observation came during the hearing of the PIL, filed by NGO Social Jurist, against two notifications, issued by the Human Resources Development Ministry and the Directorate of Education of Delhi government.
The PIL alleged that these two notifications have "given a totally free hand to all unaided recognised private schools to formulate their own nursery admission criteria based on categorisation of children..."
However, the categorisations of kids by schools in admission have specifically been barred by the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, it said, adding that some schools give preferences in admission on grounds such as religion, alumni and sibling.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!