Lack of coordination among courts: Delhi CM
New Delhi: A day after the Delhi High Court gave its order on nursery admission, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday appeared to suggest a "lack of coordination" among various courts on the issue.
It seems there is "lack of coordination" among various courts, Dikshit said when asked to comment on prevailing uncertainty on the enrolment process for nursery admission for academic session 2013-14.
The Chief Minister, however, did not elaborate on her comment.
The Delhi High Court yesterday made it clear that all nursery admissions in the city for the 2013-14 session will be subject to its decision on a PIL that challenged government notifications giving powers to unaided private schools to formulate their own criteria.
"Our order (on the PIL) would also be applicable on nursery admission for ensuing academic session 2013-14," a bench of Chief Justice D Murugesan and Justice V K Jain had said.
He court`s observation came during the hearing of the PIL, filed by NGO Social Jurist, against two notifications, issued by the Human Resources Development Ministry and the Directorate of Education of Delhi government.
The PIL alleged that these two notifications have "given a totally free hand to all unaided recognised private schools to formulate their own nursery admission criteria based on categorisation of children..."
However, the categorisations of kids by schools in admission have specifically been barred by the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, it said, adding that some schools give preferences in admission on grounds such as religion, alumni and sibling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered