Lack of coordination among courts: Delhi CM
New Delhi: A day after the Delhi High Court gave its order on nursery admission, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday appeared to suggest a "lack of coordination" among various courts on the issue.
It seems there is "lack of coordination" among various courts, Dikshit said when asked to comment on prevailing uncertainty on the enrolment process for nursery admission for academic session 2013-14.
The Chief Minister, however, did not elaborate on her comment.
The Delhi High Court yesterday made it clear that all nursery admissions in the city for the 2013-14 session will be subject to its decision on a PIL that challenged government notifications giving powers to unaided private schools to formulate their own criteria.
"Our order (on the PIL) would also be applicable on nursery admission for ensuing academic session 2013-14," a bench of Chief Justice D Murugesan and Justice V K Jain had said.
He court`s observation came during the hearing of the PIL, filed by NGO Social Jurist, against two notifications, issued by the Human Resources Development Ministry and the Directorate of Education of Delhi government.
The PIL alleged that these two notifications have "given a totally free hand to all unaided recognised private schools to formulate their own nursery admission criteria based on categorisation of children..."
However, the categorisations of kids by schools in admission have specifically been barred by the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, it said, adding that some schools give preferences in admission on grounds such as religion, alumni and sibling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote
- Jose Mourinho's appointment as Manchester United coach is a great move, he knows how to win titles: David Beckham
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand
- Divide and rule by Beijing throw ASEAN into disarray
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'