Land Acquisition bill: NAC`s inputs to be included
New Delhi: Government on Monday said the Land
Acquisition Amendment Bill will include the recommendations
made by Sonia Gandhi-led NAC, and once passed, the legislation
will ensure that there are "no more Singurs" in the country.
"The recommendations of the NAC will be included in the
Land Acquisition bill...there will be no more Singurs. It will
support the aspirations of the people," Law Minister M
Veerappa Moily told reporters here.
The Law Ministry will vet the bill, which is under
consideration of the Rural Development Ministry, at a later
stage before it is put up before the union cabinet.
The National Advisory Council (NAC) has prescribed a
seven-point test for a having a humane legislation on land
acquisition and rehabilitation.
In a recent letter to the government, the NAC suggested
a check list of seven parameters which includes provisions for
a rehabilitation package that is sensitive to the aspirations
of the affected people.
The NAC`s checklist includes: Does it discourage forced
displacement? Does it minimise adverse impacts on people,
habitats, environment and biodiversity? Does it minimise
adverse impacts on food security by actively discouraging
acquisition of agricultural land, and promoting local
economies? Does it comprehensively define project affected
It also includes: Does it provide for a just
compensation and rehabilitation package, sensitive to the
aspirations, culture, community, natural resource base and
skill base of the affected people? Does it ensure humane,
participatory, informed, consultative and transparent process?
Does it provide for effective implementation?
"The test for any such legislation should be on these
parameters," said the letter sent by the NAC to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly