Land scam unearthed in capital
New Delhi: Delhi Government has unearthed an alleged land scam in which certain officials of the Revenue Department in "collusion" with property dealers helped them in "grabbing" government land in various areas of East Delhi.
Following an internal inquiry into the alleged scam, Chief Secretary PK Tripathi yesterday suspended three officials of the Revenue department.
The officials -- Harish Bajaj, posted as sub-registrar in Geeta Colony, Susheel Bharati, a Tehsildar in Preet Vihar and Shyam Pal posted in East district office of Revenue Department were found to have "manipulated" revenue records in collusion with property dealers and land grabbers, the inquiry found.
Additional District Magistrate of East District V P Singh has already filed a police complaint seeking filing of FIRs against the three accused.
Divisional Commissioner Vijay Dev said Bajaj, Bharti and Pal were allegedly involved in registration of land belonging to government in certain unauthorised colonies of East Delhi to help the land grabbers occupy the land.
"The modus operandi of the above persons was to extract money from land grabbers for getting the documents registered," he said adding the inquiry was ordered after suspecting alleged foul play in registration of properties.
Dev said government has decided to expand the inquiry and will examine all other "suspected" land deals.
In its complaint to police, Government said, "The officials have conspired to grab the government land with dishonest motives by way of cheating the department and manipulated the revenue records in collusion with the property dealers and land grabbers."
The government has asked all the three not to leave Delhi without prior permission.
The exact amount of government land being allegedly grabbed by the property dealers was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them