Land scam unearthed in capital
New Delhi: Delhi Government has unearthed an alleged land scam in which certain officials of the Revenue Department in "collusion" with property dealers helped them in "grabbing" government land in various areas of East Delhi.
Following an internal inquiry into the alleged scam, Chief Secretary PK Tripathi yesterday suspended three officials of the Revenue department.
The officials -- Harish Bajaj, posted as sub-registrar in Geeta Colony, Susheel Bharati, a Tehsildar in Preet Vihar and Shyam Pal posted in East district office of Revenue Department were found to have "manipulated" revenue records in collusion with property dealers and land grabbers, the inquiry found.
Additional District Magistrate of East District V P Singh has already filed a police complaint seeking filing of FIRs against the three accused.
Divisional Commissioner Vijay Dev said Bajaj, Bharti and Pal were allegedly involved in registration of land belonging to government in certain unauthorised colonies of East Delhi to help the land grabbers occupy the land.
"The modus operandi of the above persons was to extract money from land grabbers for getting the documents registered," he said adding the inquiry was ordered after suspecting alleged foul play in registration of properties.
Dev said government has decided to expand the inquiry and will examine all other "suspected" land deals.
In its complaint to police, Government said, "The officials have conspired to grab the government land with dishonest motives by way of cheating the department and manipulated the revenue records in collusion with the property dealers and land grabbers."
The government has asked all the three not to leave Delhi without prior permission.
The exact amount of government land being allegedly grabbed by the property dealers was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter