Lankan national posing as Keralite arrested at Delhi airport
New Delhi: A Sri Lankan national, against
whom a look-out-circular has been issued, was arrested at the
airport here while he was allegedly trying to fly to Moscow
posing as a Keralite, police said on Friday.
N Suresh Kumar was intercepted at the immigration
counter of the Indira Gandhi International Airport yesterday
when he was going to board an Air Astana flight to Moscow.
He claimed he was a resident of Sangaramangalam
village in Palakad district of Kerala and his passport showed
that he got it issued from Malappuram in November last year.
"The police personnel at the counter found that a
look-out-circular (LoC) has been issued against him by Chennai
FRRO," R A Sanjeev, Deputy Commissioner of Police (IGI
The text of LoC against Kumar dated September 15, 2009
read, "prevent subject from entering India and inform
originator (FRRO Chennai)".
Kumar was interrogated at length during which he told
investigators that he was a Lankan national and came to India
in 1998 and was staying in Palakkad since then, a senior
police official said.
"He was arrested by Tamil Nadu Police in January 2008
when he went there for a short visit to meet his friend in K K
Nagar. He was kept in a camp in Chengalpettu for eight months
before he was deported to Sri Lanka," he said.
However, in January 2009, he managed to enter India in
a boat via Kochi.
After reaching Palakkad, he allegedly managed to
procure a passport and election card.
A case under section 420 (cheating), 468 (forgery) and
471 (using forged documents as original) of Indian Penal Code
and Section 12 (obtaining passport by suppressing information
about nationality among others) of Indian Passport Act has
been registered against him.
Asked whether the arrested person had any links with
outlawed LTTE, the official said he has no links.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset