Lawyers` body to protest against Delhi HC judge
New Delhi: A lawyers` body has decided to oppose confirmation of an additional judge of the Delhi High Court alleging he was "excessively harsh in imposing costs" on litigants.
The Delhi High Court Bar Association (DHCBA), in a notice, has also decided to boycott tomorrow the court presided over by the judge. The Association has decided to write to Chief Justice of India Justice Altamas Kabir and the High Court Chief Justice D Murugesan in this regard.
The judge is "excessively harsh in imposing costs on an unprecedented scale, on the litigants and his Lordship`s demeanor on the Bench has been wanting of this august office", the notice said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!