Lawyers` body to protest against Delhi HC judge
New Delhi: A lawyers` body has decided to oppose confirmation of an additional judge of the Delhi High Court alleging he was "excessively harsh in imposing costs" on litigants.
The Delhi High Court Bar Association (DHCBA), in a notice, has also decided to boycott tomorrow the court presided over by the judge. The Association has decided to write to Chief Justice of India Justice Altamas Kabir and the High Court Chief Justice D Murugesan in this regard.
The judge is "excessively harsh in imposing costs on an unprecedented scale, on the litigants and his Lordship`s demeanor on the Bench has been wanting of this august office", the notice said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000