Lawyers` body to protest against Delhi HC judge
New Delhi: A lawyers` body has decided to oppose confirmation of an additional judge of the Delhi High Court alleging he was "excessively harsh in imposing costs" on litigants.
The Delhi High Court Bar Association (DHCBA), in a notice, has also decided to boycott tomorrow the court presided over by the judge. The Association has decided to write to Chief Justice of India Justice Altamas Kabir and the High Court Chief Justice D Murugesan in this regard.
The judge is "excessively harsh in imposing costs on an unprecedented scale, on the litigants and his Lordship`s demeanor on the Bench has been wanting of this august office", the notice said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?