Lawyers` body to protest against Delhi HC judge
New Delhi: A lawyers` body has decided to oppose confirmation of an additional judge of the Delhi High Court alleging he was "excessively harsh in imposing costs" on litigants.
The Delhi High Court Bar Association (DHCBA), in a notice, has also decided to boycott tomorrow the court presided over by the judge. The Association has decided to write to Chief Justice of India Justice Altamas Kabir and the High Court Chief Justice D Murugesan in this regard.
The judge is "excessively harsh in imposing costs on an unprecedented scale, on the litigants and his Lordship`s demeanor on the Bench has been wanting of this august office", the notice said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof