Lawyers strike for second day at Dwarka district court
New Delhi: Work at Dwarka district court here remained paralysed for the second consecutive day on Saturday with lawyers protesting Delhi government`s decision to shift six police stations from its "jurisdiction and allocating the same to other courts".
The agitating lawyers, who are on strike since Thursday, decided to abstain from work next week as well.
"Justice at door step was the guiding principle behind Apex Court passing direction... regarding bifurcation of Delhi into nine judicial districts. The idea was that justice at door step would help dispense easy and inexpensive justice to common people.”
"However, the notification issued by the Delhi Government dated September 11, 2012 followed by an order of Delhi High Court on February 19, 2013 seems to be mocking at justice at door step principle envisaged by the Supreme Court in 2000," Dwarka Bar Association secretary PS Singh had said, while calling the strike yesterday.
The High Court order is been implemented from March 01.
The agitating lawyers, who decided to abstain from work next week, also said that as a result of irrational and illogical bifurcation, people concerned, forming the part of six police stations, are likely to face a tough situation for themselves in coming days.
The Dwarka bar association leaders also said, "It would delay in delivery of justice for common people of six police station."
Dwarka Court Bar Association president members said, "Strike at Dwarka court will continue. No lawyer will appear in the case listed, only the proxy counsel will appear before the concerned court to take adjournments."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Kashmir on Wednesday
- No water for OP Jaisha: Here's what Virat Kohli's former coach Rajkumar Sharma has to say about it
- Sonam Kapoor supports women entrepreneurs' exhibition
- Beware, it's a scam! Xiaomi Redmi 3S 32GB at just Rs 599 on Amazon
- REVEALED: Pullela Gopichand's mother's SECRET advice which motivated PV Sindhu, Kidambi Srikanth in Rio