Lawyers` strike in Delhi district courts
New Delhi: Work in all the six district courts of Delhi was affected by a daylong lawyers` strike Thursday to protest an FIR lodged by police against the bar association members of Rohini.
"We are observing a strike against the false FIR filed by Vijay Vats, Station House Officer (Keshav Puram Police station), who alleged that a group of lawyers in Rohini courts assaulted him Tuesday. It is a cooked up story," said Rajiv Khosla, spokesperson of Delhi Bar Association.
The SHO in the FIR filed Wednesday had complained that a group of lawyers in the Rohini court, Tuesday, allegedly assaulted him and tore his uniform while he appeared before a Motor Accident Claims Tribunal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley