Lawyers` strike in Delhi district courts
New Delhi: Work in all the six district courts of Delhi was affected by a daylong lawyers` strike Thursday to protest an FIR lodged by police against the bar association members of Rohini.
"We are observing a strike against the false FIR filed by Vijay Vats, Station House Officer (Keshav Puram Police station), who alleged that a group of lawyers in Rohini courts assaulted him Tuesday. It is a cooked up story," said Rajiv Khosla, spokesperson of Delhi Bar Association.
The SHO in the FIR filed Wednesday had complained that a group of lawyers in the Rohini court, Tuesday, allegedly assaulted him and tore his uniform while he appeared before a Motor Accident Claims Tribunal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'