Lawyers` strike paralyzes district courts’ work
New Delhi: Work in all six district court
complexes here came to grinding halt on Thursday as lawyers resorted
to a day-long strike to protest against registration of a
criminal case against some of their colleagues for allegedly
beating a city police station in-charge two days ago.
The day-long strike paralysed much of the court work as
the lawyers refused to appear before judges.
The lawyers said the registration of the "false First
Information Report" against their colleagues was to "counter"
the contempt proceedings being initiated against the Keshav
Puram police station SHO Vijay Vats by Motor Accident Claim
Tribunal Judge Chandra Bose for hurling abuses and threatening
him in an open court.
They said Vats had on September 27 lodged a "false"
criminal case against the president and the secretary of
Rohini Bar Association to "counter" the contempt proceedings
being initiated by MACT judge Chandra Bose against him for
using foul language in the court room.
"The advocates are aggrieved with the false registration
of FIR as well and about the conduct of the police officer for
undermining the authority and majesty of the court," said
Rajiv Khosla, spokesperson of the co-ordination committee of
all bar associations of Delhi.
A press release issued by the co-ordination committee
sought action against Vats for registering the "false" FIR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?