Lawyers` strike: Work paralysed for 8th day at Dwarka court
New Delhi: Work at Dwarka district court here on Friday remained paralysed for the eighth day as lawyers continued to protest the Delhi government`s decision to shift six police stations from its jurisdiction.
The agitating lawyers, who are on indefinite strike since March 1, have decided to abstain from work and threatened not allow the litigants to participate in Lok-Adalat proceedings tomorrow.
They said they had a meeting with the Chief Minister and the Lt Governor of Delhi in this regard but nothing has been done till date, "so we will continue with our strike".
Dwarka Bar Association Secretary PS Singh said, "unless the committee (formed for examining the issue) recommends to include the nearby areas in South West Districts falling under Dwarka Court, the advocates and common people of these areas will be sitting on strike".
"On Saturday, being Lok Adalat day at Dwarka Court the members will not allow litigants to participate in Lok-Adalat proceedings...," Singh said.
The jurisdiction of Sagarpur, Delhi Cantonment, IGI Airport, Mahipalpur, Uttamnagar, Janakpuri and Harinagar police stations which were close to Dwarka courts complex and have now been shifted to Patiala House courts complex.
"Justice at door step was the guiding principle behind the apex court passing direction... Regarding bifurcation of Delhi into 11 judicial districts.
"However, the notification issued by the Delhi government dated September 11, 2012 followed by an order of the Delhi High Court on February 19, 2013 seems to be mocking at justice at door step principle envisaged by the Supreme Court in 2000," the Bar had said, while announcing strike.
The High Court order has been implemented from March 1.
They said as a result of "irrational and illogical" bifurcation, litigants forming the part of six police stations are facing a tough situation for themselves in the coming days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy