Lawyers to hold strike in trial courts on Jan 12
New Delhi: The Bar Association of lower
courts on Friday decided to observe a day long strike at all the
six trial courts here on January 12 demanding transfer of
property cases from the Delhi High Court to district courts.
"The co-ordination committee is of the strong view that
speedy justice can only be available to the litigants if the
trial of original side cases is conducted only at district
courts," Rajiv Khosla, spokesperson of Co-ordination Committee
of all district courts Bar Association, said.
Apart from holding strike at Patiala House Court, Tis
Hazari Court, Karkardooma Court, Saket Court, Dwarka Court and
Rohini Court, Khosla said they have also decided to meet Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit and Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid
to seek their indulgence in the matter for transferring of
original pecuniary jurisdiction to district courts.
The lawyers in a press conference said they have decided
to abstain from work on January 12 to draw the attention of
the Centre and the Delhi government to the plight of the
litigants who have to approach the Delhi High Court for
settlement of their civil disputes irrespective of the fact
that it causes great inconvenience by way of consuming more
time and money in comparison to district courts.
Presently, all the property disputes up to the value of
Rs 20 lakh are dealt with by the district courts and those
exceeding the amount are taken up by the high court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!