Let Delhi gang-rape incident be a turning point for India: LK Advani
Thiruvananthapuram: The greatest homage that the nation can pay to the Delhi gang-rape victim is to ensure that this kind of "horrendous" incident never happens again, BJP leader LK Advani said on Sunday.
It is all the more unfortunate that this had happened in a country that revers women as "mothers and sisters", Advani said at a meeting held here to felicitate senior BJP leader O Rajagopal.
"The sacred chant of the nation is Vande Mataram...In India, women are seen as mothers and sisters...Swamy Vivekananda began his famed Chicago speech by addressing the gathering as sisters and brothers," he said.
"I not only feel grief and sorrow but even anger (over the incident)...How can human beings be so beastly?" he said.
A proper homage to the hapless girl will be to ensure that this kind of a horrendous incident never happens again, the BJP leader said, adding, "let this be a turning point in the history of the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...