Let Delhi gang-rape incident be a turning point for India: LK Advani
Thiruvananthapuram: The greatest homage that the nation can pay to the Delhi gang-rape victim is to ensure that this kind of "horrendous" incident never happens again, BJP leader LK Advani said on Sunday.
It is all the more unfortunate that this had happened in a country that revers women as "mothers and sisters", Advani said at a meeting held here to felicitate senior BJP leader O Rajagopal.
"The sacred chant of the nation is Vande Mataram...In India, women are seen as mothers and sisters...Swamy Vivekananda began his famed Chicago speech by addressing the gathering as sisters and brothers," he said.
"I not only feel grief and sorrow but even anger (over the incident)...How can human beings be so beastly?" he said.
A proper homage to the hapless girl will be to ensure that this kind of a horrendous incident never happens again, the BJP leader said, adding, "let this be a turning point in the history of the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?