Let Delhi gang-rape incident be a turning point for India: LK Advani
Thiruvananthapuram: The greatest homage that the nation can pay to the Delhi gang-rape victim is to ensure that this kind of "horrendous" incident never happens again, BJP leader LK Advani said on Sunday.
It is all the more unfortunate that this had happened in a country that revers women as "mothers and sisters", Advani said at a meeting held here to felicitate senior BJP leader O Rajagopal.
"The sacred chant of the nation is Vande Mataram...In India, women are seen as mothers and sisters...Swamy Vivekananda began his famed Chicago speech by addressing the gathering as sisters and brothers," he said.
"I not only feel grief and sorrow but even anger (over the incident)...How can human beings be so beastly?" he said.
A proper homage to the hapless girl will be to ensure that this kind of a horrendous incident never happens again, the BJP leader said, adding, "let this be a turning point in the history of the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened