Let DERC be headed by a retired HC judge: BJP
New Delhi: Not satisfied with Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission proposing review of the tariff structure, BJP on Thursday questioned the functioning of the regulator and demanded the appointment of a retired judge of High Court as its chairman.
Senior BJP leader VK Malhotra alleged the quasi-judicial body has been functioning as per the "guidance" of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and that the decision to effect a 26 percent hike in tariff for domestic consumers was influenced by Delhi government.
The way DERC has modified the tariff indicates the regulator has been functioning as per the guidance of the Chief Minister, he alleged.
In the wake of widespread complaints of inflated power bills, DERC had yesterday proposed to make certain adjustments in power tariff structure to bring relief to a majority of consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH