Let DERC be headed by a retired HC judge: BJP
New Delhi: Not satisfied with Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission proposing review of the tariff structure, BJP on Thursday questioned the functioning of the regulator and demanded the appointment of a retired judge of High Court as its chairman.
Senior BJP leader VK Malhotra alleged the quasi-judicial body has been functioning as per the "guidance" of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and that the decision to effect a 26 percent hike in tariff for domestic consumers was influenced by Delhi government.
The way DERC has modified the tariff indicates the regulator has been functioning as per the guidance of the Chief Minister, he alleged.
In the wake of widespread complaints of inflated power bills, DERC had yesterday proposed to make certain adjustments in power tariff structure to bring relief to a majority of consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!