Let DERC be headed by a retired HC judge: BJP
New Delhi: Not satisfied with Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission proposing review of the tariff structure, BJP on Thursday questioned the functioning of the regulator and demanded the appointment of a retired judge of High Court as its chairman.
Senior BJP leader VK Malhotra alleged the quasi-judicial body has been functioning as per the "guidance" of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and that the decision to effect a 26 percent hike in tariff for domestic consumers was influenced by Delhi government.
The way DERC has modified the tariff indicates the regulator has been functioning as per the guidance of the Chief Minister, he alleged.
In the wake of widespread complaints of inflated power bills, DERC had yesterday proposed to make certain adjustments in power tariff structure to bring relief to a majority of consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in