Let DERC be headed by a retired HC judge: BJP
New Delhi: Not satisfied with Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission proposing review of the tariff structure, BJP on Thursday questioned the functioning of the regulator and demanded the appointment of a retired judge of High Court as its chairman.
Senior BJP leader VK Malhotra alleged the quasi-judicial body has been functioning as per the "guidance" of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and that the decision to effect a 26 percent hike in tariff for domestic consumers was influenced by Delhi government.
The way DERC has modified the tariff indicates the regulator has been functioning as per the guidance of the Chief Minister, he alleged.
In the wake of widespread complaints of inflated power bills, DERC had yesterday proposed to make certain adjustments in power tariff structure to bring relief to a majority of consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack