Let me complete this tenure: Dikshit on 4th term
New Delhi: "Two years more to go. Let me
complete this tenure." This was how Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit responded on Tuesday when asked whether she would aspire to be the chief
ministerial candidate for the fourth consecutive term.
Dikshit was interacting with the media after releasing a
report card of her government.
Asked about her biggest achievement in the year 2011,
Dikshit said trifurcation of the Municipal Corporation of
Delhi was the "biggest challenge" for the government.
"The coming up of the three new municipal corporations in
Delhi will result in the end of a great empire and it will
result in better service delivery," she said.
"The decision to split MCD will go a long way in bringing
local administration close to people," the chief minister
Assembly polls in Delhi are slated for November, 2013.
Dikshit had led Congress to a spectacular victory for
the third consecutive term in the 2008 Delhi Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie