Let Parliament function normally: Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: In the eye of the proverbial storm over the Comptroller and Auditor General`s (CAG) report on irregularities in the Commonwealth Games, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday said the government could respond only if parliament was allowed to function smoothly.
Calls for her resignation have led to repeated adjournments in both Houses of Parliament. The logjam continued for the second day on Tuesday with the opposition persisting with its demand for her ouster following the government auditor`s scathing report.
When asked for her reaction to the deadlock, a seemingly unperturbed Dikshit said: "Unless the opposition lets the Parliament function normally, how do they expect the government to respond?"
The CAG report, which blames Dikshit, the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) and former Games Organising Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi, was tabled in parliament on Friday.
The BJP has accused the government of shielding Dikshit.
"The CAG report on CWG has indicted Dikshit and the government is shielding her," BJP MP Kirti Azad told reporters outside Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview