LG recommends President`s rule in Delhi as AAP, BJP fail to form government
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung has recommended President`s rule in Delhi, saying that the state Assembly should be kept in suspended animation, as per reports on Monday.
Imposition of Central rule was was one of the options listed by Jung in his report submitted to the Union Home Ministry after his wide-ranging consultations with BJP, the single largest party, followed by the Aam Aadmi Party(AAP), official sources said today.
No party was able to get majority in Delhi, the results for which was declared on December 08. The BJP secured 31 seats and the Aam Admin Party was able to win 28 seats with the Congress being reduced to 08 seats in the 70 member House.
The LG first invited the BJP to form the government as it had emerged as the single largest party. However, BJP`s CM candidate Dr Harsh Vardhan declined the offer saying that he could not prove majority on the floor of the House.
The AAP, which was invited next, also said that they did not have the majority. However, a twist in the tale came when the Congress offered the AAP unconditional support to form the government. Following which the AAP on Saturday sought 10 days` time from Delhi Lt Governor to decide on government formation, and asked the Congress to clear its stand on 18 issues it listed in letter to party president Sonia Gandhi.
The points included: Regularisation of unauthorised colonies, pukka (concrete) houses for slum dwellers, 500 new schools, regular jobs for those working on contract basis with the Delhi government, full statehood for Delhi and control over Delhi Development Authority and Delhi Police by the state government and not the centre, and provision for people to make decisions at "mohalla sabhas" or neighbourhood gatherings.
Meanwhile, the Congress today sent a detailed response to AAP convenor Arvind Kejriwal over the points raised by him. Speaking to the media, Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed said that 16 out of 18 issues raised by the AAP were totally administrative. He added that to implement them no party needed any support or approval from the state Assembly.
The other two issues - Lokpal Bill and giving statehood to Delhi – did not fall within state Assembly’s domain, he said.
Reacting to the Congress` reply, AAP leader Manish Sisodia told a news agency that the political affairs committee will meet and discuss the matter and will go to the people for opinion.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly