LG should direct action against `mandi mafias`: BJP
New Delhi: A day after 26 ration shops were raided following an order of LG Najeeb Jung, BJP on Friday urged him to take action against alleged "mafias" operating in vegetable and fruits markets across Delhi.
"LG should also issue orders to raid all the vegetable and fruits mandies because with the connivance of mandi mafias and government officials, fruits and vegetable are being sold at five times higher prices than the wholesale market rates," Delhi BJP president Harsh Vardhan said.
He claimed that corruption in the scheme to provide cheap ration to the poor during the 15 years of Congress rule in Delhi was exposed when 19 teams of officials raided 26 ration outlets yesterday.
The BJP leader also demanded that license for running shops under food security scheme should be issued only to those unemployed persons who are registered in employment exchange as it can provide employment to 20,000 unemployed youth.
"LG should also issue orders to start preparing ration cards for the people because ration cards are not being issued for the last few months," he also said.
The BJP leader said that there are 73 lakh people under food security scheme. "LG should inform the people when they shall be provided cheap ration, sugar etc. Under this scheme," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow