Life sentence for 4 in honour killing case
New Delhi: Four brothers including a
Delhi police constable have been awarded life sentence by a
court here in a case of "honour killing" of a boy who was in
love with the daughter of one of the accused.
"The aggravating factors are that deceased Kuldeep
was a young boy of 26 years and his murder had been committed
in a cold blood in a pre-planned manner only because he was in
love with the daughter of accused Ravi," Additional Sessions
Judge Kamini Lau said while sentencing the four convicts to
rigorous life imprisonment.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 56,000 on the four
convicts and said that if the amount is recovered, it shall be
paid to Kuldeep`s family.
"This is a case of honour killing where the convicts
took law into their hands and Ravi brutally killed the victim
who was having an affair with his daughter," Additional
Public Prosecutor Taufiq Ahmed had argued while seeking
deterrent punishment to the accused.
Convicts Ravi Kumar, 50, Karambir, 44, Raj Kumar, 42
and Sanjay, 37, are real brothers and they had murdered their
neighbour Kuldeep, who was in love with Ravi`s daughter Sapna.
The girl`s family was opposed to the affair as the boy
belonged to another caste.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- GST rate on processed foods should be low or zero: CII
- BCCI sells India-West Indies T20 rights without following Supreme Court mandated tender procedure: Report
- Demi Lovato sued for copyright infringement
- Washed out Tests: ICC sanctions loom over 'poor' outfields at Kingsmead, Queen's Park Oval
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly ratifies GST Bill