Life term to 4 youths for killing, robbing man
New Delhi: Four youths have been given life
terms for murdering and robbing a taxi driver by a Delhi court
which said "the lust for easy money" in the society needs to
be "curbed strictly".
Convicting the four Uttar Pradesh natives -- Ram Niwas,
Ram Snehi, Charan Singh and Satish -- on charges of killing
and robbing Avkash, Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Sharma
said, "They took away the life of an innocent person for the
greed of robbing him of his valuables even without thinking
about the family of the deceased. Such brutal thought process
required to be curbed strictly.
"The lust for easy money drove the convicts to commit the
offence proved against them. Such a trend is on rise in the
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 7,500 on each of the
convicts, stipulating that out of the recovered amount, a sum
of Rs 25,000 should be given to victim`s wife.
The case dated back to April 15, 2006 when the four along
with their fifth accomplice Pokhpal, hired victim Avkash`s
Maruti van to go to a village near Badayun in Uttar Pradesh.
Pokhpal is still being tried separately as he evaded his
arrest initially and was declared a proclaimed offender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight