Life term to 4 youths for killing, robbing man
New Delhi: Four youths have been given life
terms for murdering and robbing a taxi driver by a Delhi court
which said "the lust for easy money" in the society needs to
be "curbed strictly".
Convicting the four Uttar Pradesh natives -- Ram Niwas,
Ram Snehi, Charan Singh and Satish -- on charges of killing
and robbing Avkash, Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Sharma
said, "They took away the life of an innocent person for the
greed of robbing him of his valuables even without thinking
about the family of the deceased. Such brutal thought process
required to be curbed strictly.
"The lust for easy money drove the convicts to commit the
offence proved against them. Such a trend is on rise in the
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 7,500 on each of the
convicts, stipulating that out of the recovered amount, a sum
of Rs 25,000 should be given to victim`s wife.
The case dated back to April 15, 2006 when the four along
with their fifth accomplice Pokhpal, hired victim Avkash`s
Maruti van to go to a village near Badayun in Uttar Pradesh.
Pokhpal is still being tried separately as he evaded his
arrest initially and was declared a proclaimed offender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India