Light mist affects flights, trains in Delhi
New Delhi: The chilly morning in the capital on Thursday along with a light blanket of fog enveloping the city affected flights and train services. The Met Office has forecast a clear, sunny day in store.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the visibility at 8:30 am was 500 metres.
As a result, 21 trains were running behind schedule while two had been cancelled, a statement by the Northern Railway said.
In addition, a total of five flights were delayed due to the fog, Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) said in a statement.
Delhiites continued to shiver as a bone chilling cold settled over the city and the minimum temperature settled three notches below average at 4.4 degrees Celsius Thursday, the morning after the national capital recorded the coldest day in 44 years.
The Met has forecast a clear, sunny afternoon. However, the evening will be chilly accompanied by icy winds. The maximum temperature is expected to hover around the 13 degrees Celsius mark.
Wednesday`s maximum temperature settled at 9.8 degrees Celsius, 11 notches below the average for the season, while the minimum was 4.8 degrees Celsius -- two notches below average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly