Light mist affects flights, trains in Delhi
New Delhi: The chilly morning in the capital on Thursday along with a light blanket of fog enveloping the city affected flights and train services. The Met Office has forecast a clear, sunny day in store.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the visibility at 8:30 am was 500 metres.
As a result, 21 trains were running behind schedule while two had been cancelled, a statement by the Northern Railway said.
In addition, a total of five flights were delayed due to the fog, Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) said in a statement.
Delhiites continued to shiver as a bone chilling cold settled over the city and the minimum temperature settled three notches below average at 4.4 degrees Celsius Thursday, the morning after the national capital recorded the coldest day in 44 years.
The Met has forecast a clear, sunny afternoon. However, the evening will be chilly accompanied by icy winds. The maximum temperature is expected to hover around the 13 degrees Celsius mark.
Wednesday`s maximum temperature settled at 9.8 degrees Celsius, 11 notches below the average for the season, while the minimum was 4.8 degrees Celsius -- two notches below average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened