Light mist affects flights, trains in Delhi
New Delhi: The chilly morning in the capital on Thursday along with a light blanket of fog enveloping the city affected flights and train services. The Met Office has forecast a clear, sunny day in store.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the visibility at 8:30 am was 500 metres.
As a result, 21 trains were running behind schedule while two had been cancelled, a statement by the Northern Railway said.
In addition, a total of five flights were delayed due to the fog, Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) said in a statement.
Delhiites continued to shiver as a bone chilling cold settled over the city and the minimum temperature settled three notches below average at 4.4 degrees Celsius Thursday, the morning after the national capital recorded the coldest day in 44 years.
The Met has forecast a clear, sunny afternoon. However, the evening will be chilly accompanied by icy winds. The maximum temperature is expected to hover around the 13 degrees Celsius mark.
Wednesday`s maximum temperature settled at 9.8 degrees Celsius, 11 notches below the average for the season, while the minimum was 4.8 degrees Celsius -- two notches below average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results LIVE: BJP registers emphatic win; PM Narendra Modi says it's a great start to 2017
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17