Light rain in Delhi, more showers likely Friday
New Delhi: It was a wet beginning on Thursday in the city but the rains in the morning, soon made way for the sun and the weather became warm as the day progressed, a Met official said.
A total of 0.7 mm rain was recorded from 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m., the official said. The sky remained partly cloudy during the day but there was little rain after the morning spell.
The maximum temperature was recorded at 32.9 degrees Celsius - one notch below average. The minimum temperature settled one notch below average at 24.9 degrees Celsius. The humidity wavered between a high and low of 93 and 68 percent, the official said.
A spell of light showers early morning was followed by a spell of steady downpour around 8 a.m. The rain hit traffic movement, stranding office-bound commuters in parts of the city, particularly east, central and south.
Numerous two wheeler drivers could be seen taking refuge under flyovers and foot over bridges, waiting for the rains to subside. The scooters and bikes parked on the road added to the jams, narrowing down the space for traffic flow.
"The sky will be cloudy on Friday and light rain is likely," said an official of India Meteorological Department.
Friday`s maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 34 and 25 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`