Light rain in Delhi, more showers likely Friday
New Delhi: It was a wet beginning on Thursday in the city but the rains in the morning, soon made way for the sun and the weather became warm as the day progressed, a Met official said.
A total of 0.7 mm rain was recorded from 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m., the official said. The sky remained partly cloudy during the day but there was little rain after the morning spell.
The maximum temperature was recorded at 32.9 degrees Celsius - one notch below average. The minimum temperature settled one notch below average at 24.9 degrees Celsius. The humidity wavered between a high and low of 93 and 68 percent, the official said.
A spell of light showers early morning was followed by a spell of steady downpour around 8 a.m. The rain hit traffic movement, stranding office-bound commuters in parts of the city, particularly east, central and south.
Numerous two wheeler drivers could be seen taking refuge under flyovers and foot over bridges, waiting for the rains to subside. The scooters and bikes parked on the road added to the jams, narrowing down the space for traffic flow.
"The sky will be cloudy on Friday and light rain is likely," said an official of India Meteorological Department.
Friday`s maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 34 and 25 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi