Light showers in Delhi bring relief from soaring mercury
New Delhi: Some parts of the city received scanty rainfall overnight, leading to a drop in temperature.
According to MeT department, the minimum temperature was recorded at 25.5 degree Celsius which was two notches below normal for this part of the season.
"The rain, however, was very scarce. The rain gauge has measured only traces of it," said a MeT official.
The overnight rain, however, is bound to push humidity levels even though the maximum temperature is expected to be around 33 degree Celsius.
Humidity was recorded at 70 per cent at 8:30 AM.
The weatherman has forecast a partly cloudy sky with the possibility of rains and thundershowers in some areas during the day.
Yesterday, the maximum temperature settled at 35.2 degree Celsius, which was one notch below normal, while the minimum was one point above normal at 28.5 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad