Light showers in Delhi bring relief from soaring mercury
New Delhi: Some parts of the city received scanty rainfall overnight, leading to a drop in temperature.
According to MeT department, the minimum temperature was recorded at 25.5 degree Celsius which was two notches below normal for this part of the season.
"The rain, however, was very scarce. The rain gauge has measured only traces of it," said a MeT official.
The overnight rain, however, is bound to push humidity levels even though the maximum temperature is expected to be around 33 degree Celsius.
Humidity was recorded at 70 per cent at 8:30 AM.
The weatherman has forecast a partly cloudy sky with the possibility of rains and thundershowers in some areas during the day.
Yesterday, the maximum temperature settled at 35.2 degree Celsius, which was one notch below normal, while the minimum was one point above normal at 28.5 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH