LJP`s Delhi MLA joins RLD ahead of MCD polls
New Delhi: Unhappy over ticket distribution
for the Delhi municipal polls, LJP`s lone MLA in the capital
Shoaib Iqbal has joined the RLD and fielded his 22-year-old
son for the April 15 polls.
Iqbal, a former Deputy Speaker who was with JD(S)
earlier, said he left the party as he was not happy over the
way in which party tickets were distributed by state LJP
president, whom he alleged gave seats to "bad elements" in his
"Bad elements were fielded in my constituency ignoring my
requests by the state chief. He also even managed to give a
ticket to his brother in east Delhi. My son is fighting the
election in an RLD ticket now," Iqbal said.
He was the lone MLA of LJP in Delhi Assembly.
However, he praised LJP national president Ram Vilas
Paswan saying he is a "good person" who was not aware of the
developments. "Now I will work with RLD leader Ajit Singh and
strengthen the party," he said.
The MLA also claimed that Khurram Iqbal, a sitting LJP
councillor and one of his close associates, will also be
fighting against LJP in the polls.
Another sitting councillor Owaid Iqbal, who was denied
ticket by LJP, was also supporting him, Iqbal claimed.
Iqbal`s son Aaley Mohd Iqbal, who is into business as per
the affidavit he filed with , will fight the elections from
Turkman Gate area, one of the strongholds of the MLA.
Aaley Mohd, who would be one of the youngest candidates,
has movable property worth Rs 3.82 lakh, which includes Rs
1.25 lakh cash in hand and 65 grams of jewellery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan