Lok Adalat disposes of over 4,000 cases, awards Rs 90.85 lakh
New Delhi: A Lok Adalat organised by Delhi State Legal Services Authority (DLSA) on Saturday disposed of over 4,000 cases and awarded a total compensation of Rs 90.85 lakh.
In the Lok Adalat organised in all the six district court complexes at Patiala House, Tis Hazari, Saket, Dwarka, Rohini and Karkardooma, 53 benches were constituted which disposed of 3,852 pending cases relating to cheque bounce, electricity bill, traffic challan, various compoundable criminal offences, matrimonial cases and others.
Besides these, 43 cases pertaining to motor accident claims were also disposed of in the Lok Adalat and a total compensation of Rs 90,85,000 was awarded.
In addition to this, 158 criminal cases were disposed of by plea bargaining in the Lok Adalat.
A total of 4,055 cases were settled finally and there would be no further appeals in the cases disposed of today, a release issued by the DLSA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites