Lok Adalat disposes of over 4,000 cases, awards Rs 90.85 lakh
New Delhi: A Lok Adalat organised by Delhi State Legal Services Authority (DLSA) on Saturday disposed of over 4,000 cases and awarded a total compensation of Rs 90.85 lakh.
In the Lok Adalat organised in all the six district court complexes at Patiala House, Tis Hazari, Saket, Dwarka, Rohini and Karkardooma, 53 benches were constituted which disposed of 3,852 pending cases relating to cheque bounce, electricity bill, traffic challan, various compoundable criminal offences, matrimonial cases and others.
Besides these, 43 cases pertaining to motor accident claims were also disposed of in the Lok Adalat and a total compensation of Rs 90,85,000 was awarded.
In addition to this, 158 criminal cases were disposed of by plea bargaining in the Lok Adalat.
A total of 4,055 cases were settled finally and there would be no further appeals in the cases disposed of today, a release issued by the DLSA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'