Lok Adalat disposes of over 4,100 cases, awards Rs 72.49 lakh
New Delhi: The Lok Adalat organised by Delhi State Legal Services Authority (DLSA) on Saturday disposed of over 4,100 cases and awarded compensation of over Rs 72 lakh.
In the Lok Adalat, organised in all six district court complexes of Patiala House, Tis Hazari, Karkardooma, Saket, Dwarka and Rohini, 62 benches were constituted which disposed of 3,909 pending cases relating to cheque bounce, electricity bill, traffic challan, various compoundable criminal offences, matrimonial cases and others.
Besides these, 37 cases pertaining to motor accident claims were also disposed of in the Lok Adalat and a total of Rs 72,49,500 compensation was awarded.
In addition to this, 183 criminal cases were disposed of by plea bargaining and the Lok Adalat also decided 44 cases pertaining to bank loan and credit cards.
4,173 cases have been settled finally and there would be no further appeals in the cases disposed of today, a release issued by the DLSA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda