Lok Adalat to settle power theft cases Oct 13-14
New Delhi: A special Lok Adalat to settle power theft cases in south and west Delhi will be held on October 13 and 14.
The Lok Adalat is being organised by Delhi Legal Services Authority (DLSA) and BSES Rajdhani Power Limited (BRPL) at the premises of the District Court in Saket.
The two-day Lok Adalat will provide BRPL customers in South and West Delhi a one-time opportunity for an amicable and on-the-spot settlement of cases relating to direct theft and meter tampering, a BRPL official said.
"Customers desirous of settling their power theft cases can either attend in person or through their authorised representatives," the official said.
As per its environment friendly initiative, the BRPL has decided to make proceedings at the Lok Adalat a "paperless affair".
"There will be no physical movements of files and all relevant case documents and files will be accessed through 24 computers. The two-day paperless Lok Adalat is expected to save over 30,000 A4 (page) sheets," the official said.
The BRPL and the DLSA had organised Lok Adalats on four occasions in the past few years and settled over 7,500 cases involving a total amount of Rs 40 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why