Lok Adalat to settle power theft cases Oct 13-14
New Delhi: A special Lok Adalat to settle power theft cases in south and west Delhi will be held on October 13 and 14.
The Lok Adalat is being organised by Delhi Legal Services Authority (DLSA) and BSES Rajdhani Power Limited (BRPL) at the premises of the District Court in Saket.
The two-day Lok Adalat will provide BRPL customers in South and West Delhi a one-time opportunity for an amicable and on-the-spot settlement of cases relating to direct theft and meter tampering, a BRPL official said.
"Customers desirous of settling their power theft cases can either attend in person or through their authorised representatives," the official said.
As per its environment friendly initiative, the BRPL has decided to make proceedings at the Lok Adalat a "paperless affair".
"There will be no physical movements of files and all relevant case documents and files will be accessed through 24 computers. The two-day paperless Lok Adalat is expected to save over 30,000 A4 (page) sheets," the official said.
The BRPL and the DLSA had organised Lok Adalats on four occasions in the past few years and settled over 7,500 cases involving a total amount of Rs 40 crore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed