Lok Nayak Hospital to have advanced trauma care service
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Monday announced that Lok Nayak Hospital in Central Delhi would have a new, additional advanced trauma care service at the cost of Rs 30 crore.
Delhi Health Minister A K Walia said his department has been sincerely striving hard to scale up and introduce additional trauma care facilities after an incident of disruption in oxygen supply took place in Sushruta Trauma Centre.
"The city government has taken an important decision to put in place a new, additional advanced, trauma care services in Lok Nayak Hospital situated in Central Delhi. The new services would definitely take care of patients brought from all parts of the city as Lok Nayak Hospital is situated in the heart of Delhi," he said.
The modern services would be commissioned within six months with an estimated cost of Rs 30 crore.
Walia said that the new services would become operational in Orthopaedic Block in Lok Nayak Hospital with 50 beds which would include 10 exclusive beds for trauma ICU.
The government would ensure installation of the latest equipment required for MRI, CT Scan, Ultrasound apart from commissioning a specialised blood bank.
"It has been planned to make operational specialised electro-physiology labs for neuro injuries and spinal cord injuries," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof