Lokayukta criticises Delhi govt on regularisation
New Delhi: The Delhi Lokayukta on Tuesday criticised the city government for failing to comply with its order relating to alleged irregularities in issuance of provisional regularisation certificates to a number of unauthorised colonies in 2008.
The Lokayukta had taken up the case after receiving a complaint filed by Arun Rai and Rambir Singh Bidhuri, who alleged that certain non-existent colonies were given the provisional regularisation certificates in violations of the laid down norms.
Lokayukta Manmohan Sarin had issued a show-cause notice to the Urban Development of Delhi Government asking it to furnish details about selection procedures for identifying the beneficiary colonies but the department could not present them.
In its earlier order issued on March 14, the Lokayukta had asked the department to file an affidavit if it does not have any record in relation to the decision making process regarding issuance of provisional regularisation certificates in respect of colonies whose regularisation has been questioned.
However, the department neither submitted the details nor could produce the affidavit which was criticised by the Lokayukta.
The Lokayukta has now asked the department to comply with its order by May 1 which is the next date of hearing in the case.
Earlier, the government had presented a report of an inquiry committee which was set up by the government following allegations of irregularities into the process of issuing PRCs to a number of colonies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan