Lokayukta indicts Delhi CM for misusing govt funds
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Lokayukta on Wednesday indicted Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for misusing government funds for carrying out an ad campaign. The Lokayukta further recommended recovery of Rs 11 crore.
This comes a week after the Lokayukta on May 15 issued show cause notices to Dikshit, Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami and six other MLAs. It had objected to putting up of hoardings and banners allegedly in violation of law.
Dikshit and others were given time till May 22 to submit their replies. The Lokayukta had, however, observed that enforcement agencies were reluctant to act against the “powerful and mighty”.
The notices by Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin had been issued in response to a petition filed by S K Saxena seeking action against public functionaries who put up hoardings and posters without taking permission from concerned authorities.
Fourteen current and former municipal councillors were also issued notices by the anti-graft body for erecting posters and banners in violation of the law.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued