Lokayukta notice to Delhi BSP president
New Delhi: Delhi Lokayukta on Tuesday issued notices to city BSP president Brahm Singh and his brother Bir Singh, who is the deputy mayor of South Delhi Municipal Corporation, for alleged encroachment of public land and carrying out unauthorised construction.
Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin issued the notices after taking cognisance of an anonymous complaint against the duo.
Bir Singh deposed before the Lokayukta and conveyed to him that the property in question at Sarita Vihar for which notices for alleged unauthorised construction have been issued, belonged to his brother Brahm Singh, Lokayukta`s office said.
He also told the Lokayukta that he has no objection for bringing changes in the premises in conformity with municipal bye-laws.
The Lokayukta had issued notices to the Deputy Commissioner of South Delhi MCD directing him to submit a status report regarding the alleged encroachment and unauthorised construction.
Efforts to seek comments from Brahm and Bir Singh did not fructify.
The Lokayukta`s office said within a week of the notice, the MCD demolished a wall and portion of the porch which were on public land.
It noted that the municipal body did not complete the demolition of the porch and had done it in a cosmetic manner.
"He reminded MCD of its duty to act with alacrity in cases of contravention and violation by those occupying positions of power," the Lokayukta`s office said.
The Lokayukta also issued a notice to municipal councillor Shailender Singh Montey for allegedly carrying out unauthorised constructions in Hauz Khas village.
Officials in Lokayukta`s office said preliminary inquiry by the Lokayukta`s investigation wing and report from the Building Department of South Delhi MCD confirmed the details of the alleged unauthorised construction.
There are seven properties, six in Hauz Khas Village and another in Green Park, out of which unauthorised constructions were confirmed in two, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city