Lokayukta notice to political parties for hoardings
New Delhi: Delhi Lokayukta on Tuesday issued notices to Delhi unit presidents of all political parties, voicing strong objection to hoardings and banners put up by their workers, legislators and councilors.
The notices by Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin came in response to a petition filed by one Rajesh Garg protesting against hoardings and posters put up by Delhi Pradesh President of BJP Vijender Gupta.
Garg had claimed the posters and hoardings had been put up earlier this year by Gupta without permission from the municipal corporation or the PWD.
"It is considered expedient and in the interest of justice to issue notices to the Delhi state presidents of all the parties registered as national parties in Delhi since it was their legislators, councillors and other leaders whose hoardings and posters are found," Justice Sarin said in an order.
The Lokayukta also issued notices to Chief Electoral Officer of Delhi Vijay Dev for his comment on the issues. The Lokayukta set January 10, 2013 for filing of replies to the notices.
Putting up of hoardings and posters without prior permission is an offence under the Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act and the Delhi Prevention of Defacement of Property Act, 2007.
The Lokayukta had earlier issued notices to PWD, DDA and municipal authorities.
In his order, Justice Sarin indicated that uniform guidelines should be formed for putting up of hoardings and posters by the political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India