Lokayukta seeks review of decision by Prez on `caution` to Dikshit
New Delhi: Refusing to close a case against Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan, city Lokayukta on Friday sought review of a decision by President Pranab Mukherjee to reject its recommendation to administer "caution" to them for publishing their photographs on a loan form last year.
In a special report to the President, Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin pushed for administering "caution" and issuance of "advisory" to Dikshit and Chouhan holding that they had taken the decision to print their photographs on the loan applications of the Dilli Swarojgar Yojna.
Acting on President`s views following recommendation by the Lokayukta in the case, the Centre last month had issued an advisory to Delhi government`s Department of Welfare for SC/ST/OBC and minority community asking it to be "careful" while publicising their policies.
In a letter to Lokayukta, the Home Ministry had conveyed that the President has decided that there was no need to put photographs of the Chief Minister and Minister-in-charge on loan applications. The President, however, did not agree with Lokayukta`s recommendation for administering caution to Dikshit and Chouhan.
Seeking review of the decision by the President, the Lokayukta said "it would not be fair and just" to issue advisory to junior officials in the concerned department for no fault of theirs. He said role of Dikshit and Chouhan in the case was "duly established".
"The Special Report was submitted because officials of the department have been cautioned for no fault of theirs, especially when the decision to print the photographs had been taken personally by Raj Kumar Chouhan with the approval of Sheila Dikshit.
"In fact, the officers had prepared a draft of the loan application form without the photographs but the minister instructed that the application form be printed with the photographs," said the Lokayukta.
The Lokayukta said if the President was not in agreement with his views, then the special report should be tabled in the Delhi Assembly as per provision of the Delhi Lokayukta and Upa Lokayukta Act.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference