Lokayukta seeks review of decision by Prez on `caution` to Dikshit
New Delhi: Refusing to close a case against Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan, city Lokayukta on Friday sought review of a decision by President Pranab Mukherjee to reject its recommendation to administer "caution" to them for publishing their photographs on a loan form last year.
In a special report to the President, Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin pushed for administering "caution" and issuance of "advisory" to Dikshit and Chouhan holding that they had taken the decision to print their photographs on the loan applications of the Dilli Swarojgar Yojna.
Acting on President`s views following recommendation by the Lokayukta in the case, the Centre last month had issued an advisory to Delhi government`s Department of Welfare for SC/ST/OBC and minority community asking it to be "careful" while publicising their policies.
In a letter to Lokayukta, the Home Ministry had conveyed that the President has decided that there was no need to put photographs of the Chief Minister and Minister-in-charge on loan applications. The President, however, did not agree with Lokayukta`s recommendation for administering caution to Dikshit and Chouhan.
Seeking review of the decision by the President, the Lokayukta said "it would not be fair and just" to issue advisory to junior officials in the concerned department for no fault of theirs. He said role of Dikshit and Chouhan in the case was "duly established".
"The Special Report was submitted because officials of the department have been cautioned for no fault of theirs, especially when the decision to print the photographs had been taken personally by Raj Kumar Chouhan with the approval of Sheila Dikshit.
"In fact, the officers had prepared a draft of the loan application form without the photographs but the minister instructed that the application form be printed with the photographs," said the Lokayukta.
The Lokayukta said if the President was not in agreement with his views, then the special report should be tabled in the Delhi Assembly as per provision of the Delhi Lokayukta and Upa Lokayukta Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog