Look out notice for doc couple soon: Delhi Police
New Delhi: Delhi Police has initiated the
process of issuing a Look Out Notice against a doctor couple,
who allegedly left their minor maid locked up and starving in
the house while they vacationed in Thailand, officials said.
Sanjay Verma and his wife Sumita were to return to India
yesterday but they have not landed in Delhi even on Sunday, police
A senior police official said they have initiated the
process of issuing look out notice against the couple.
"We have written to the authorities. We expect to get the
Look Out Notice issued by tomorrow," the official said.
The couple had left for Thailand on a vacation leaving
their 13-year-old maid allegedly locked up and with very
little food in their Dwarka flat.
She was rescued two days ago after neighbours heard her
screaming from the balcony.
Anticipating their arrival yesterday, a police team was
stationed at Indira Gandhi International Airport here only to
see the couple not arrive.
Police have lodged an FIR against the couple under the
Juvenile Justice Act, Bonded Labour System (Abolition) Act,
Child Labour Prohibition and Regulation Act and IPC.
The victim had also complained to Child Welfare Committee
that she was beaten up by the couple even for small mistakes.
The couple had also allegedly installed CCTVs inside the
house to keep a watch on her.
If they found her committing even small mistakes, they
used to beat her up, the girl alleged while giving her
statement to the Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure