Loot at IAS officers` children`s wedding
New Delhi: A "well-dressed" young boy is
suspected to have stolen a handbag containing valuables and
cash worth Rs 2.5 lakh during the marriage ceremony of the
children of two senior IAS officers , police said on Monday.
The theft occurred when the marriage between son of
Secretary of Information and Broadcasting Ministry Uday Kumar
Varma and daughter of Uttar Pradesh Minor Irrigation Principal
Secretary Susheel Kumar was being solemnised.
The incident was reported on February 2 while a case
was registered at Parliament Street Police station eight days
The victim was Varma`s wife who lost her hand bag
containing two gold `mangalsutras`, a necklace, a pair of ear
rings, Rs 20,000 cash. The complainant pegged the loss at Rs
According to Varma who lodged the complaint, the bag had
been left on a sofa close to the dais unattended for one to
two minutes during which it disappeared.
"On questioning people in the vicinity identified a small
well-dressed boy wearing something like a suit and a shirt
with polka dots carrying away the bag. Some reported that the
boy was wearing the band uniform," Varma said in his
He said he suspected that one of the band boys or
caterers or drummers could be behind the theft.
A case of theft (Section 380) has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen