Loot at IAS officers` children`s wedding
New Delhi: A "well-dressed" young boy is
suspected to have stolen a handbag containing valuables and
cash worth Rs 2.5 lakh during the marriage ceremony of the
children of two senior IAS officers , police said on Monday.
The theft occurred when the marriage between son of
Secretary of Information and Broadcasting Ministry Uday Kumar
Varma and daughter of Uttar Pradesh Minor Irrigation Principal
Secretary Susheel Kumar was being solemnised.
The incident was reported on February 2 while a case
was registered at Parliament Street Police station eight days
The victim was Varma`s wife who lost her hand bag
containing two gold `mangalsutras`, a necklace, a pair of ear
rings, Rs 20,000 cash. The complainant pegged the loss at Rs
According to Varma who lodged the complaint, the bag had
been left on a sofa close to the dais unattended for one to
two minutes during which it disappeared.
"On questioning people in the vicinity identified a small
well-dressed boy wearing something like a suit and a shirt
with polka dots carrying away the bag. Some reported that the
boy was wearing the band uniform," Varma said in his
He said he suspected that one of the band boys or
caterers or drummers could be behind the theft.
A case of theft (Section 380) has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission
- I have made many fashion blunders: Karisma Kapoor
- Hyundai to bring hybrids to India by next year
- Los Angeles Police say reports of gunfire at airport were false alarm, 'Zorro' detained
- Happy Birthday Dhyan Chand: 10 interesting facts you must know about India's hockey legend