Lost money in IPL betting, turned to snatching
New Delhi: An insurance company employee and
a student turned to snatching to come out of heavy losses they
had incurred during betting on IPL cricket matches but luck
ran out for them this week.
Anuj Yadav, employed with a prominent private insurance
company, and Vivek, who is pursuing his studies, were arrested
from Baba Gang Nath Marg near Jawaharlal Nehru University on
Monday, police said today.
The duo, residing in Sangam Vihar, were allegedly
involved in cases of snatching in south Delhi localities and
police recovered seven stolen mobile phones from them, Deputy
Commissioner of Police (South) H G S Dhaliwal said.
"They incurred heavy losses on betting during IPL
matches and in order to meet their expenses as well as to come
out of the losses, they got involved in incidents of
snatching," he said.
On March three, they snatched a purse of a woman from
Defence Colony, which contained a mobile phone, camera and
cash on while May 8, they snatched a mobile phone from a
pedestrian in Saket, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan