Lost money in IPL betting, turned to snatching
New Delhi: An insurance company employee and
a student turned to snatching to come out of heavy losses they
had incurred during betting on IPL cricket matches but luck
ran out for them this week.
Anuj Yadav, employed with a prominent private insurance
company, and Vivek, who is pursuing his studies, were arrested
from Baba Gang Nath Marg near Jawaharlal Nehru University on
Monday, police said today.
The duo, residing in Sangam Vihar, were allegedly
involved in cases of snatching in south Delhi localities and
police recovered seven stolen mobile phones from them, Deputy
Commissioner of Police (South) H G S Dhaliwal said.
"They incurred heavy losses on betting during IPL
matches and in order to meet their expenses as well as to come
out of the losses, they got involved in incidents of
snatching," he said.
On March three, they snatched a purse of a woman from
Defence Colony, which contained a mobile phone, camera and
cash on while May 8, they snatched a mobile phone from a
pedestrian in Saket, police said.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?