Lower level employees in Delhi to get wages by che
New Delhi: All shops and establishments,
industrial units, hospitals, educational institutions,
government and semi-government entities in the city will have
to pay their lower level employees wages through cheque or
electronic transfer into bank accounts from now onwards.
The Delhi government on Tuesday issued an order to this effect
aiming to ensure that the labourers and lower level employees
get their salary as per minimum wages fixed by the government.
"We are committed to implement provisions of the Minimum
Wages Act, 1948 so that the interests of labour could be fully
safeguarded," Labour and Industries Minister Ramakant Goswami
Officials said the government has decided to issue the
order to end exploitation of labours as it has been receiving
complaints that they are paid less than the prescribed minimum
The Labour department has asked the employees to give
written authorisation letter for payment through cheque or by
crediting the wages in their bank accounts.
Goswami said henceforth the wages will have to be
released only through the crossed cheques or by ECS.
Officials said employers will have to facilitate opening
of bank accounts of their employees.
"All employers are being directed to comply with orders,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary - Part IV
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Hardik Patel calls for stir against donations to schools, colleges in Gujarat
- Perez grabs 3rd spot, gives Force India 4th ever podium finish
- Two dead, including one suspect, in Houston shooting: Police
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players