Lt Gen Chait takes over as chief of Integrated Defence Staff
New Delhi: Lt Gen Anil Chait, in-charge of Army`s operations in the flood-hit Uttarakhand, took over as the chief of the tri-services Integrated Defence Staff on Monday.
"Lt Gen Chait has taken over as Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC) here in the Defence Ministry headquarters," a Defence Ministry release said here.
A veteran of the elite National Security Guard, the officer took care of Army`s deployment in the Uttarakhand relief operations from June 17.
Air Marshal Arup Raha also took over as the Vice Chief of Air Staff succeeding Air Marshal D C Kumaria, who retired yesterday.
In the Western Air Command based here, Air Marshal S S Soman took over as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief while Air Marshal B S Dhanoa took over as the Senior Air Staff Officer (SASO) of the sword arm of the force.
Lt Gen Philp Campose took over as the Chandimandir-based Western Army Commander succeeding Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra who moved to command the sensitive Northern Command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor