Lt Gen Chait takes over as chief of Integrated Defence Staff
New Delhi: Lt Gen Anil Chait, in-charge of Army`s operations in the flood-hit Uttarakhand, took over as the chief of the tri-services Integrated Defence Staff on Monday.
"Lt Gen Chait has taken over as Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC) here in the Defence Ministry headquarters," a Defence Ministry release said here.
A veteran of the elite National Security Guard, the officer took care of Army`s deployment in the Uttarakhand relief operations from June 17.
Air Marshal Arup Raha also took over as the Vice Chief of Air Staff succeeding Air Marshal D C Kumaria, who retired yesterday.
In the Western Air Command based here, Air Marshal S S Soman took over as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief while Air Marshal B S Dhanoa took over as the Senior Air Staff Officer (SASO) of the sword arm of the force.
Lt Gen Philp Campose took over as the Chandimandir-based Western Army Commander succeeding Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra who moved to command the sensitive Northern Command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports