Lt Governor Najeeb Jung reviews helplines functioning
New Delhi: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung on Friday reviewed the functioning of various helplines run by Delhi government and directed the officials to chalk out a proper plan for redressal of public grievances.
The directions were issued at a meeting Jung had with Chief Secretary SK Srivastava and other senior government officials at Raj Niwas.
During the meeting, a review of anti-corruption helpline (1031) and women in distress helpline (181) was done, besides a discussion on the newly launched Public Grievance Monitoring System was held.
"The Lt Governor directed the officials to ensure that all the helplines and facilities for grievances redressal continue and a regular review of these should be conducted from time to time," a statement released by Raj Niwas said.
Jung also gave direction for a proper review of complaints before registering them for better management of grievance redressal.
"Grievances should be carefully reviewed at the time of registration and after following proper procedure grievances should be registered, which would help in an efficient disposal of such grievances," the statement read.
The statement further said citizens can also file their grievances online by logging onto pgms.Delhi.Gov.In.
"Upon registration, they will receive an SMS which will convey the registration number to them for future reference," it added.
The Arvind Kejriwal-led government had on January 8 launched the helpline number to deal with corruption and promised action within 24 hours of a sting operation to expose graft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...