Mahi`s fate uncertain as rescuers struggle hard
Gurgaon: The operation to rescue five-year-old Mahi, who is trapped in a borewell near Manesar since Wednesday night, has entered the last phase, officials said.
According to the latest reports, rescue workers are just inches away from the girl who fell into the 70-feet deep borewell while playing with children outside her home at around 11 pm on Wednesday. Mahi had just finished celebrating her birthday when the incident happened.
The rescue work is being delayed by a rock that is blocking the parallel pit, which the Army and Rapid Metro personnel are digging.
With the help of machines, a hole is being drilled in the rock.
Harayna Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said the rescue workers would achieve success very soon.
Oxygen is being pumped into the borewell to help the child in breathing. However, there is no update on the condition of the child as she is showing no movement on the camera that has been lowered into the borewell.
Mahi’s father Neeraj said, “For two hours the child kept crying inside the borewell, asking for help but now she is not responding to any calls.”
Nearby residents have also been asked to vacate their houses as a precautionary measure while the rescue operation continues.
Meanwhile, Gurgaon`s District Magistrate PC Meena has ordered a judicial enquiry to be carried out by Additional Deputy Commissioner to probe into the digging of an illegal borewell.
An FIR under various Sections of the IPC has been registered against local resident Rotash Tayal, who illegally dug the borewell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical