Mahi`s fate uncertain as rescuers struggle hard
Gurgaon: The operation to rescue five-year-old Mahi, who is trapped in a borewell near Manesar since Wednesday night, has entered the last phase, officials said.
According to the latest reports, rescue workers are just inches away from the girl who fell into the 70-feet deep borewell while playing with children outside her home at around 11 pm on Wednesday. Mahi had just finished celebrating her birthday when the incident happened.
The rescue work is being delayed by a rock that is blocking the parallel pit, which the Army and Rapid Metro personnel are digging.
With the help of machines, a hole is being drilled in the rock.
Harayna Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said the rescue workers would achieve success very soon.
Oxygen is being pumped into the borewell to help the child in breathing. However, there is no update on the condition of the child as she is showing no movement on the camera that has been lowered into the borewell.
Mahi’s father Neeraj said, “For two hours the child kept crying inside the borewell, asking for help but now she is not responding to any calls.”
Nearby residents have also been asked to vacate their houses as a precautionary measure while the rescue operation continues.
Meanwhile, Gurgaon`s District Magistrate PC Meena has ordered a judicial enquiry to be carried out by Additional Deputy Commissioner to probe into the digging of an illegal borewell.
An FIR under various Sections of the IPC has been registered against local resident Rotash Tayal, who illegally dug the borewell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi