Mahi`s fate uncertain as rescuers struggle hard
Gurgaon: The operation to rescue five-year-old Mahi, who is trapped in a borewell near Manesar since Wednesday night, has entered the last phase, officials said.
According to the latest reports, rescue workers are just inches away from the girl who fell into the 70-feet deep borewell while playing with children outside her home at around 11 pm on Wednesday. Mahi had just finished celebrating her birthday when the incident happened.
The rescue work is being delayed by a rock that is blocking the parallel pit, which the Army and Rapid Metro personnel are digging.
With the help of machines, a hole is being drilled in the rock.
Harayna Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said the rescue workers would achieve success very soon.
Oxygen is being pumped into the borewell to help the child in breathing. However, there is no update on the condition of the child as she is showing no movement on the camera that has been lowered into the borewell.
Mahi’s father Neeraj said, “For two hours the child kept crying inside the borewell, asking for help but now she is not responding to any calls.”
Nearby residents have also been asked to vacate their houses as a precautionary measure while the rescue operation continues.
Meanwhile, Gurgaon`s District Magistrate PC Meena has ordered a judicial enquiry to be carried out by Additional Deputy Commissioner to probe into the digging of an illegal borewell.
An FIR under various Sections of the IPC has been registered against local resident Rotash Tayal, who illegally dug the borewell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA