Maid assault: Statement be recorded before magistrate, says court
New Delhi: A court here on Friday directed the Delhi Police to get the statement of a teenaged victim, who was allegedly assaulted and confined by a 50-year-old multinational woman executive, recorded before a magistrate.
During arguments on the bail plea of accused Vandana Dhir, the employer of the victim, Metropolitan Magistrate Gomati Manocha asked the police to get the girl`s also directed the police to probe the whereabouts of Kajal, who was earlier working as a maid in the executive`s house.
"I would not like to hear arguments from the police or you (Dhir). I want to hear the version of the girl and then I will hear arguments on the bail plea. I will go through her statement before passing my order. Her statement is very crucial," the magistrate said.
"I want the statement of the girl tomorrow before 12.30 pm," the court said while deferring the arguments on the bail plea of Dhir till tomorrow.
The police informed the court that they have already moved an application for getting the statement of the victim recorded by a magistrate under section 164 CrPC in the hospital where she is being treated for her injuries.
The court also asked the police to record the statement of Dhir`s neighbour, who had informed an NGO about the incident, and the doctor, who was treating the victim after the executive`s counsel claimed that the girl was mentally unstable.
"Have you (police) taken the statement of the doctor?... Take the 161 CrPC statement of the doctor. It should be there in the charge sheet," the court said after the police informed it that they have not yet taken the statement of the doctor who was treating the girl for the alleged mental ailment.
"Also probe where is Kajal. Her statement should be taken and it should be there in the charge sheet as it may be an important corroborative evidence in the case," the court said.
Dhir is in judicial custody till October 15.
CPI(M) leader Brinda Karat along with woman activists attended the proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read