Maid held, jewellery worth Rs 15 lakh recovered
New Delhi: A maid servant and her husband have been arrested allegedly for stealing gold and diamond jewellery worth Rs 15 lakh in the Sarita Vihar area in the South East district, police said Thursday.
"Kiran, 26, and her husband Umesh, 36, both residents of
village Navadia of Pilibhit district of Uttar Pradesh, were
arrested yesterday from Sarita Vihar locality within 24 hours
of committing the theft in the same area," Ajay Chaudhry, ACP,
South East district, said.
Police also recovered the stolen gold and diamond
jewellery from their possession, he said.
The maid servant was hired by her employer a few days
before the theft, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach