Maid held, jewellery worth Rs 15 lakh recovered
New Delhi: A maid servant and her husband have been arrested allegedly for stealing gold and diamond jewellery worth Rs 15 lakh in the Sarita Vihar area in the South East district, police said Thursday.
"Kiran, 26, and her husband Umesh, 36, both residents of
village Navadia of Pilibhit district of Uttar Pradesh, were
arrested yesterday from Sarita Vihar locality within 24 hours
of committing the theft in the same area," Ajay Chaudhry, ACP,
South East district, said.
Police also recovered the stolen gold and diamond
jewellery from their possession, he said.
The maid servant was hired by her employer a few days
before the theft, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi