Maid held, jewellery worth Rs 15 lakh recovered
New Delhi: A maid servant and her husband have been arrested allegedly for stealing gold and diamond jewellery worth Rs 15 lakh in the Sarita Vihar area in the South East district, police said Thursday.
"Kiran, 26, and her husband Umesh, 36, both residents of
village Navadia of Pilibhit district of Uttar Pradesh, were
arrested yesterday from Sarita Vihar locality within 24 hours
of committing the theft in the same area," Ajay Chaudhry, ACP,
South East district, said.
Police also recovered the stolen gold and diamond
jewellery from their possession, he said.
The maid servant was hired by her employer a few days
before the theft, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued