Maid murder case: Court to hear arguments on charges on Feb 22
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday fixed February 22 for hearing arguments on framing of charges in a case in which BSP MP Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti Singh were chargesheeted in connection with murder of their maid.
The order was passed by Additional Sessions Judge Lokesh Kumar Sharma in the case in which Jagriti was chargesheeted for various offences under IPC, including sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 344 (wrongfully confining for 10 or more days), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 201 (destruction of evidence).
Dhananjay, a sitting BSP MP from Jaunpur constituency of Uttar Pradesh, was chargesheeted for various offences under IPC, including alleged destruction the evidence and abetment of the offence of murder and attempt to murder.
A magisterial court had on February 4 taken cognisance of the charge sheet filed by the Delhi Police and had transferred the matter to a sessions court here.
Dhananjay and Jagriti, a dental surgeon at a government hospital here, are lodged in jail under judicial custody.
The police, in its chargesheet, has alleged Jagriti used to give "merciless beatings" to her three domestic helps and "compelled" the servants to work by holding them captive.
It has alleged the servants were not allowed to go out of the 175, South Avenue house where the incident took place.
The police have also claimed that Dhananjay and his wife might have "tampered" with the data of the CCTV cameras installed in the house.
The couple were arrested on November 5, last year in connection with the death of their 35-year-old maid Rakhi Bhadra, a resident of West Bengal.
Bhadra`s body, with injury marks on her legs, chest and arms, was recovered from Dhananjay`s South Avenue residence on the evening of November 4, last year.
Earlier, the police had chargesheeted Dhananjay in a separate case for allegedly repeatedly raping a 42-year-old railway employee for nearly four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY