Maid murder case: police to respond on Dhananjay Singh`s plea
New Delhi: Delhi Police was on Friday asked by a court here to respond to a plea of BSP MP Dhananjay Singh, who along with his wife Jagriti, has been arrested in connection with the murder of their maid, for preserving the footage and hard disks of cameras installed at their residence here.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jasjeet Kaur directed the police to respond tomorrow on Dhananjay`s plea in which he said that he was using two mobile phones from which he called the police about the incident and call records of these phones should be "preserved" as it was necessary for a fair investigation.
"It is pertinent to mention here that the call records of these phones are crucial for a free and fair investigation and the right of accused (Dhananjay) would be prejudiced if call records of these numbers from November 3 till November 5, 2013 are not preserved," the petition said.
Dhananjay, a BSP MP from Jaunpur constituency in Uttar Pradesh, and Jagriti Singh, a dental surgeon at RML hospital here, are now in police custody till November 11 in connection with death of their 35-year-old maid Rakhi Bhadra, a resident of West Bengal.
In his application filed through advocate Santosh Pandey, Dhananjay said 20 CCTV cameras were installed at 175, South Avenue, where the incident took place, and they were attached with two computers.
"CCTVs footage were recorded in hard disks/DVR (digital video recorder) of the computer, which have been handed over by applicant/accused himself to police official on November 5, 2013," it said adding the MP had himself gone to Chanakyapuri police station where he was taken into custody by the police.
"There are CCTV cameras installed at PS Chanakyapuri and recording of same must be preserved and saved accordingly. It is submitted that mirror image of these DVRs must be obtained and the same be preserved and provided accordingly," he said adding all these CCTV footages should be kept in safe custody of the court to rule out any manipulation in these DVR/hard disks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal