Maitree Express not to run during Eid
New Delhi: Indian Railways has decided
to make temporary suspension in the movement of bi-weekly
Maitree Express train service between Kolkata to Dhaka on
account of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Maitree Express runs from Kolkata on every Saturday and
Wednesday while in the return direction it departs from Dhaka
every Sunday and Tuesday.
On the request from Bangladesh Railway, the Indian
Railways has decided to cancel the trip of Maitree Express
train on September 11 (Saturday) from Kolkata and on September
12 (Sunday) from Dhaka to avoid operational complications
arising due to non running of trains in Bangladesh on Eid
Normal services of the train will resume thereafter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord