Maitree Express not to run during Eid
New Delhi: Indian Railways has decided
to make temporary suspension in the movement of bi-weekly
Maitree Express train service between Kolkata to Dhaka on
account of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Maitree Express runs from Kolkata on every Saturday and
Wednesday while in the return direction it departs from Dhaka
every Sunday and Tuesday.
On the request from Bangladesh Railway, the Indian
Railways has decided to cancel the trip of Maitree Express
train on September 11 (Saturday) from Kolkata and on September
12 (Sunday) from Dhaka to avoid operational complications
arising due to non running of trains in Bangladesh on Eid
Normal services of the train will resume thereafter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know