Maitree Express not to run during Eid
New Delhi: Indian Railways has decided
to make temporary suspension in the movement of bi-weekly
Maitree Express train service between Kolkata to Dhaka on
account of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Maitree Express runs from Kolkata on every Saturday and
Wednesday while in the return direction it departs from Dhaka
every Sunday and Tuesday.
On the request from Bangladesh Railway, the Indian
Railways has decided to cancel the trip of Maitree Express
train on September 11 (Saturday) from Kolkata and on September
12 (Sunday) from Dhaka to avoid operational complications
arising due to non running of trains in Bangladesh on Eid
Normal services of the train will resume thereafter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city