Major fire in scrap, medicine warehouses in Delhi
New Delhi: A major fire broke out in a warehouse storing scrap and quickly enveloped a nearby hall packed with medicines in south Delhi`s Okhla area Tuesday, officials said.
Eighteen fire tenders battled the leaping flames but no one was injured, a Delhi Fire Service officer said.
A police officer said the probable cause of the fire could be electrical short-circuit. The fire, which was reported at 9.50 a.m., is still on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports