Major fire in scrap, medicine warehouses in Delhi
New Delhi: A major fire broke out in a warehouse storing scrap and quickly enveloped a nearby hall packed with medicines in south Delhi`s Okhla area Tuesday, officials said.
Eighteen fire tenders battled the leaping flames but no one was injured, a Delhi Fire Service officer said.
A police officer said the probable cause of the fire could be electrical short-circuit. The fire, which was reported at 9.50 a.m., is still on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port